- About MacNews
- Category Reviews
- Tech Support
- Connect Tools
Apple has released an update (version 10.0.6) to Final Cut Pro X, its pro/prosumer video editing software. It's available at the Mac App Store. The new supports the RED camera line, adding both native Redcode Raw editing and transcoding to Apple’s ProRes format.
Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels;
• Unified import window for transferring media from both file-based cameras and folders of files;
• Redesigned Share interface for exporting projects and range selections to one or more destinations;
• MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins;
• Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color;
• Option to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc;
• Range selection now preserves start and end points in the Event Browser and allows you to create multiple range selections on a single clip;
• Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips;
• Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline;
• Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke'
• Drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more;
• New controls for combining audio from multiple angles within a Multicam Clip;
• Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects;
• XML 1.2 featuring metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps.