- About MacNews
- Category Reviews
- Tech Support
- Connect Tools
2) The iMac will add TV tuner capabilties and be offered in a size even bigger than 24 inches.
3) The Mac Pro will get a major upgrade, including a redesigned form factor and a Blu-ray drive (at least as an option)
4) The 5G (video) iPod will evolve into a true Video iPod, with a bigger screen size. It will be a complementary product to the current iPod line, not a replacement.
5) All of Apple's software products will be upgraded, though iLife won't get any new components. iWork will, however: a spreadsheet.
6) Apple will refresh its display line, adding iSights to all models. It will also introduce a 17-inch display and a model even bigger than 30 inches.
7) Apple will continue to dominate the market for personal entertainment devices. Microsoft's Zune won't have much traction, gaining less than five percent of the MP3 market -- and that at the expense of devices besides the iPod.
8) The Mac's marketshare will rise above six percent (closer to seven) by year's end, at least in North America.
9) Apple will release a home XServe server.
10) There'll be no tablet Mac nor 12-inch MacBook Pro (though I hope I'm wrong on the latter).
More of the Macsimum gang will be weighing in with their opinions and predictions throughout the week.