- About MacNews
- Category Reviews
- Tech Support
- Connect Tools
The Channel Checker survey of 36 stores showed that 64 percent reporting a waiting list. The remaining 36 percent said sales were on a â€œfirst come first serveâ€ basis.Â The average number of names on each waiting list was 25 people (there are roughly 10,000 Cingular Wireless outlets).Â
"We did have one outlier in New York City, which we excluded from our average, that had 1,979 people on its waiting list," say the Channel Checkers. "Another store said 'we cannot give out that figure but the waiting list is running into the thousands.' Another store reported that the number of calls for the phone was 'indeterminable' as the numbers were massive."
The firm also that theÂ HonHai firm is having trouble manufacturing to schedule and is running behind due to some part delays.Â It appears that the initial 12 million unit run rate won't be available by mid-June, the Channel Checkers say.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
The Tools of Change for Publishing (TOC) Conference will explore how technology is sparking creativity and inspiring conversation for leading change in the industry. Participants include innovators from every corner of the book publishing world, who will deliver enlightening keynotes, informative sessions, and useful analysis, shedding light on the challenges and opportunities ahead. Join the conversation! "Macsimum News" readers save 25 percent; you can register [url=http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/57/register.html]here[/url], using code toc07mac. The conference will be held June 18 - 20 at the Fairmont in San Jose, California.